Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Review: Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Book Blurb:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?

Find out more about the book on Goodreads

My Review:

5 Out Of 5 Stars

Genre: Aliens, Another-World, Romance, Space, Supernatural, Survival, Teen--

Katy has been taken and Daemon will do anything to get her back, even if it means turning himself in. Katy meanwhile is trying to hang on through the torture, testing, experiments and supervision, her only consolation is that Daemon was not taken hostage as well. The two are up against their biggest enemy yet, and there might not be a happy ending.

**This is not a standalone book, but instead book 4 in a very complicated, awesome series about aliens and what someone is willing to do for love.

Ah, how I have missed Daemon and his sharp snark and terribly inappropriate humor and commentary. His thoughts, words and actions to Katy made my heart want to explode, he was so freaking sweet I just wanted to capture him and keep in a secret bunker to whisper sweet nothings to me...in a totally non-creepy kind of way, I swear!...maybe.

There was so much plot development and exciting action that took place in this story, it was so epic! There were deaths in this book too, super shocking, Oh-My-Geez I can't believe it happened death, which caught me by surprise and kept me guessing as to what will happen next. But, there were also some great characters introduced (al la Archer and Hunter...and some more crazy Luke) that brought me joy as well as the development of the Origins, which holy cow- YES (hehe baby einstiens on crack...or Damien the antichrist?)! The info about area 51 was a new twist on the original alien thing and really made me think. I do believe the take home message for this book was secrets! There are so many freaking secrets revealed or hinted at that I was so surprised were going on, I could not predict most turns the story took, keeping me on my toes right until the shocking, heart-wrenching ending. Don't read this book unless you have book 5 available to jump into!

And I had to giggle at the imagery of Rainbow Bright doing the electric slide- perfect cover and so ridiculous, puts a new spin on mindreading. Missing out on endless bread-sticks and salad really is a travesty. Read the book, you will enjoy the random comments that come out of both characters at the most awkward of times.

I listened to the audiobook and I really enjoyed the male narrator for Daemon but the woman who voiced Katy was a little grating, seeming like she was whispering for the duration of the book. I am not sure if I would listen to more of this series on audio or not not, I am still undecided.

No comments:

Post a Comment